Social Sharing Buttons Increase Clickthrough Rates

Social media has proven to be a truly powerful place to market brands or products. Hence, including social sharing buttons, not only on your website, but also on other places (e.g. in every content, e-mail campaign and newsletter you create) is an effective way to grow your social media following and increase your engagement.

But of course, putting up those important social sharing buttons won’t just do magic, you have to do your homework and put in more effort to actually get a satisfying result.

We came up with this list of things you can do to ensure that you are managing your social media accounts well and your social sharing buttons actually work:

01 Write content according to your readers/audience’s interest

It is nice to make your content as flexible and available to everyone as possible, but sometimes, when you focus on so many things, you find it harder to pay attention to your main goal.


Having a main topic helps you target people who are interested in what you do, create or produce, but when you target your potential clients, you also have to find out what else they are interested in. Through that, you will be able to focus on creating more important and relevant contents that your readers are most likely to share on social media.

02 Include buttons that link to several social media platforms

After creating good quality content that focuses on your readers/followers’ interest, it is now time to include buttons that link to social networking sites. It is important that you know which platforms you should be giving special treatment.


Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Google Plus are six of the most used platforms online, which means you should always add them to your content. Forget one of them and you will surely miss out on your chance to make your content go viral.

03 Share your content on social networking sites

To stay active online, sharing content helps a lot. Personalities, companies and organizations find it effective to post not only what they write or create themselves, but also others’ content.


I do think that doing this needs balance and moderation. Hence, coming up with a percentage of what you should share on social media is a good thing to do. Let’s say 70% of what you share has to be your original content while the remaining 30% covers what other people or organizations produce.

04 Maintain social presence

If you want your brand or your company to be big on social media, it is important to keep up with your social presence online and be consistent with it. Being active on social media actually helps you get more leads and attract more potential clients/customers.


The logic here is that, when people want to purchase or be engaged in something, they will surely want to research about it to know whether or not it’s worth getting it, or to find out how and where they can get it.

Most of the time, people rely on social media for tips and advice. That means their decision can be based on what they read or see online. If you keep yourself a part of the social scene, you are also allowing yourself to earn people’s trust more because they feel secure that you or your brand is still out there making magic.

05 Track your leads


How do you feel when you see your leads shooting up? You’d surely feel motivated to work even harder because you know that your ways and ideas are actually working. But what if you are not getting any leads at all? Most of the time, when people realize that they are filing, they’d be convinced to see and think clearly what they are doing wrong, and be more encouraged to learn from it and do even better.

06 Create an e-mail campaign or send out daily/weekly newsletters

E-mails with social sharing buttons was said to increase click through rates by 158%. That means setting up an e-mail campaign actually helps in increasing conversion and getting leads.


I notice a pattern that most entrepreneurs do when it comes to e-mail campaigns. I am a devoted follower of a popular blogger and content marketer, and every day, I receive an e-mail from him suggesting a content or a blog post he creates.

At first, I thought, “wow, how can he write such incredible blog post every single day?” Then, as time went by, I started noticing that most of the links he features in his e-mails are repetitive and have already been shared before. He only changes the way he introduces his content and convince people to read it.

Managing social media isn’t really that hard and complicated, but it takes a lot of time and effort to work things out. You may also not see good results in a flash of lightning, so you have to give it time. Hard work always pays off in the end anyway!

If you liked this post, don’t forget to click the social sharing buttons below and give us some love!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *