The Settings panel is where all global options appear for both the Platform 5 plugin and any plugin/theme specifically designed for Platform 5 such as PageLines Framework.
When using third-party themes, the majority of global settings will not be available, as they're specific to the PageLines Framework theme. The third-party theme will have their own set of options used to configure that theme.
The Settings panel is located in the WordPress Admin Dashboard → PageLines → Settings submenu.
Platform 5 Settings
The following settings appear when only Platform 5 is installed.
The Dashboard contains a simple introduction to Platform 5 that includes information on how to extend Platform 5 and how to receive support via our support forums and documentation.
Social / Local
Allows you to add you Facebook and Twitter usernames to your site which can be used with certain sections.
PageLines Framework Settings
The following options will be added to the WordPress Admin Dashboard → PageLines → Settings panel when PageLines Framework is installed alongside Platform 5.
Site images allow you to upload default images that can be used throughout your site. There are three image options to configure.
- Default Logo: Allows you to add a logo image by using either the Upload option or selecting an image from the WordPress Media library. This can be overridden by individual sections.
- Default Icon: Set a default icon to be used in secondary locations and in places where an icon based logo is appropriate.
- Site Default Image ID: Set the ID of the default image fallback. This can be used with various sizes and can be shown whenever an image is needed but not set yet.
The Layout / Nav settings allow you to configure the Content width of your site, as well as mobile primary and secondary menus.
- Content Width: Set the standard width for content within your full-width containers. This can be a fixed pixel width or percent of window width. Note: The width will be responsive, content resizes to 100% width on mobile devices.
- Mobile / Default Menu: Set the primary/default navigation for your site. This will be used in the pop out mobile menu and as the default in navigation sections.
- Mobile Sub / Secondary Menu: Set the mobile sub/secondary navigation for your site. This will be used in pop out mobile menu.
Colors / Background
The Colors / Background panel provides control over the site's global color and background options such as:
- Site Background Color: Controls the global background color for your site using the built-in color picker. It does not affect any other colors, so choose it to work well with the scheme you have chosen.
- Site Text Color Scheme: Provides control for the color scheme of the site, you can select between default, white and black. This will override link colors if set.
- Footer Background Color: This controls the footer background color for your site using the built-in color picker.
- Footer Text Color Scheme: Provides control for the color scheme of the site footer, you can select between default, white and black. This will override link colors if set.
- Site Background Image: Add an optional image to be used as a global background image for your site. Using either the Upload option or selecting an image from the WordPress Media library.
Background Image Style: Provides control over how your background image size acts and there are three options to choose from.
- Cover: Scales the background image to be as large as possible so that the background area is completely covered by the image. Some parts of the background image may not be in view within the background positioning area.
- Contain: Scales the image to the largest size such that both its width and its height can fit inside the content area. Small images will be repeated.
- Title: Repeats the background image continuously.
- Background Image Tile Size: Controls the size of your background image when the tile style option is selected. Use the slider to decrease/increase the tiling size.
- Link Color: This will be the default color for links on your site. Note that it will be overridden by scheme changes on sections, due to the framework assuming you will be using contrasting backgrounds.
The Typography settings allow you to configure the base font size of your site, add external font scripts such as Google Web Fonts or TypeKit and add styling for primary type and headers.
- Base Font Size: This sets the base font size of your site, that all other font sizes are based on. Each section allows you to scale text relative to this.
- External Font Scripts: To ensure cross-browser compatibility and the best visual appeal, we recommend you use an external font library. Our recommended services for this are Google Fonts and Typekit, but you're free to use any custom font or service.
- Type Styles: The Type Style options are separated into three panels. Each panel allows you to add
font-family styling for specific type elements.
- Primary Type Style: Add CSS directed at your global primary text.
- Major Header Style (H1, H2): Add CSS directed at your website text headers h1-h2.
- Minor Header Style (H3, H4, H5, H6): These styles will apply to elements h3, h4, h5, h6.
The Content Section settings allow you to configure the meta information, page/post titles and featured images globally. These options can be overridden on a page by page basis
- Post Metabar: Configure the meta information that will show below post titles. Use shortcodes to create dynamic content, such as
- Page Title Format: Control how page titles are displayed by default. You can choose between hidden, center and left aligned.
- Post Title Format: Control how page titles are displayed by default. You can choose between center and left aligned.
- Featured Image Size: Select from a variety of different size and aspect values for your featured images in posts. You can choose between Thumbnail, Medium, Medium-large, large, Aspect-thumb, Basic-thumb, Landscape-thumb, Tall-thumb and Big-thumb.
By default, a PageLines leaf logo will be placed at the footer of your site. This option allows you to disable the credit link. This requires a Pro license.