For the first time ever, you have the opportunity to use a drag and drop DMS to build, manage and maintain your website.
So what does this mean for you? In this article, let’s do a numbers based analysis of why DMS will change the way you build websites FOREVER.
1. Reduce Development time 80% with Live Editing
Since DMS brings everything for editing your site to the front end, and allows you to edit on the fly. This means you don’t need to make changes, upload, refresh, load, reload, push, etc…
You just drag then drop; point and click. As we’ve been using DMS, we’ve found that this reduced development time around 80% when compared to a theme or framework.
Pro tip: For CSS lovers, you can not only edit CSS in the front end (which is cool!) but you also get LESS preprocessing and Live Preview of changes… how cool is that?
2. Build Themes With 0% Coding
With the new dynamic template and theming systems in DMS, you don’t have to code anymore to create a theme. Or to move a site for that matter.
You simply create templates with drag and drop, save them, then create config files that can be added to your theme, or imported to a site.
This makes moving things around so much easier, and you might even cash in with your themes in the Store!
3. Stop hacking stuff. Save tons of time with the DMS Store…
Ever get a framework or theme and have to start customizing it with PHP/JS to add features that you ‘just need?’ Then you bang away for hours or days just to get some simple feature working?
Now, with the DMS Store, all you need to do is
- Download from hundreds of sections/plugins/themes (1 minutes)
- Install into DMS (1 minute)
- Drag into your site (10 seconds)
- Setup (5 minutes)
So now within 10 minutes you accomplish what would have taken you hours/days otherwise.
4. 100% Better Design, 30% Better Performance
Since you don’t have to worry about the underlying code and functionality, you can simply focus on the design of your site. Not only that, the people that create extensions for PageLines ARE professionals and they can help you be better than you would be alone.
DMS has 3 awesome features for performance as well:
- On Demand Loading – Since DMS is dynamically driven, it allows loads the components that each page needs to load correctly. Often when you hack or use a theme, TONS of resources are loaded where they don’t need to be.
- Best Practices – When in “live” or visitor mode in DMS, everything is rendered to best practices using Bootstrap standards. This gets rid of the problems most drag and drop systems have with bloated code.
- Less “reinventing the wheel” – PL uses standard libraries that can be used once and don’t have to be loaded again. Saving even more time in loading.
5. Has a CMS but with a twist
DMS is powered by the world’s most popular CMS, WordPress. Which is awesome.
This means it supports all 26,000 plugins and WordPress’ advanced functionality.
It also means, DMS supports:
- Social plugins
- SEO plugins
- Basically anything else you can imagine
BUT with a twist, anything with a front end, like WooCommerce, a popular eCommerce extension is ALSO supported with drag and drop. Nothing has ever done that before.
These are just a few of the things that you’re going to love about DMS.
If you’re looking to get started, just download the basic extension here or go Pro right away.
We’re looking forward to what you guys do!