Pockets provides content authors with the tools they need to display powerful stories, or “pockets” of info. These can be anything from a portfolio of web work, to recipes, listings, and more. Pockets is truly 100% universal in it’s use.
- Head to Drag & Drop, and locate Pockets and Pockets Archive. Switch out PostLoop, for Pockets in both instances.
- Go to Page Options—>Pockets, and set your slugs.
- Create a pocket on the left, and choose a layout for the pocket. Continue following instructions on single Pocket Options panel on single Pocket page.
- Note: Pockets best served with Full Width mode (i.e., no sidebars). In other words, there is currently no sidebar support. The single layouts are just not built to have a sidebar, and the idea was to keep things as clean as possible. Feel free to utilize the Additional Content option to add shortcodes and more to the sidebar that is built into the section. Sidebars have not been disabled, in the event the user wants to make sidebars work on their own.
Pockets allows you to rename the main slug so it’s not called pockets. Name it to clients, cats, or whatever suits your fancy.
Choose 1 of 2 incredible layouts for a single post, then use the archive view, or included shortcodes to achieve many more types of different views.
Masonry + Isotope
The archives view of Pockets is run with the categories that you setup for your posts. These are then shown and filtered with Isotope.
- List Shortcode: Output a styled, list-type multi-view of your Pockets archive. Available attributes include ‘number’ and ‘display’. The “display” attribute accepts horizontal, vertical, and grid. The “number” attribute accepts a numeric value. This is the number of posts you want to show.
- Carousel Shortcode: Output a carousel type view of your post archives. Available attributes include ‘number’. The “number” attribute accepts a numeric value. This is the number of posts you want to show.
Pockets has a system that tallies the number of shares on Facebook & Twitter and displays as a total, complete with social network sharing.
Custom Post Galleries
Each single post has the ability to show a full featured gallery complete with title, captions, and gallery navigation controls.
A lot of development time was spent with Pockets on the responsive touches, making this one amazingly responsive section.
There’s docs in the Options Panel, docs in the Global Panel, and an online Docs guide with basically the same info as found within the section. There’s also an overview video to top it all off.
Note PageLines Framework version 2 or better is required to use this extension.
I have purchased Pockets and love it my background is black so my titles are too dark for the pictures would like them to be bright and the arrow for the next experience is not showing...please if you could help then I can finalize the design. Thank you for all the great work...I alsa have navable, crackbar...etc. big fan :)
Hello, I just wanted to check two things before purchasing:
1) Is it possible to duplicate the section? You mentioned this in a reply to an earlier query, but I am not sure if I understood it correctly. I have to document the work in several schools, each with multiple projects. Pockets would be great if I could have separate instance for each school, with their own archives etc..
2) Is there any way to show video? Can I put something into the lead text (e.g. a BA Shortcuts VIMEOFLEX link)?
I hope to find a project soon that fits POCKETS. It looks very enticing indeed! Good luck, Jan.
@caspersjan Hi! No for now Pockets cannot be cloned. But yes, you can use shortcodes anywhere in the single Pocket.
Question...with the shortcodes, is it possible to make it so that only posts under a specific pockets category appear?
For example, is something like this possible?: [pocket_list number="5" display="horizontal" category="cat1"]
hello, I want to ask is there only one custom post type can be used? such as only book in the tutorial video? How about I add some custom post types by myself and add the custom post type's single and archive template in the drag and drop then use this section? is it ok? I think can I use the easy custom post type by pippins to add the custom post type then use your section to show each of the custom post type.
@kakadong At this time, Pockets can only be used to create 1 post type. The ability to create multiple with one section is being looked into.
@nphaskins ok. Thanks. I will buy it when it comes to support multiple post types.
@kakadong It probably won't ever support more than 1. There just isn't a mechanism within PageLines section that will let me; A: FIgure out how many a user wants to create, B. Actually creating multiple.
One alternative is to duplicate the section and rename for as many as you need.