Nav Banner is a navigation system that puts your logo front and center.
Nav Banner is fully responsive.
Please follow the steps below to install Nav Banner on your site.
- Install a theme with the DMS library (PageLines) and have it activated on your site (a child theme is the preferred way of working).
- Download the Nav Banner ‘zip’ file from your my-account area of PageLines.com
- Go to the Plugins area of WordPress and click ‘Add New’.
- Make sure you’re on the ‘Upload Plugin’ page and click the ‘Choose File’ button.
- Locate the Nav Banner ‘zip’ file on your computer and click the ‘Choose’ button.
- Click the ‘Install Now’ button and the section will be uploaded to your plugins directory.
- You’ll be given the option to activate the plugin once it’s been installed. Do so.
- On the front-end, check your sections area (known as ‘Add To Page’). The section should be there in bright orange. If not, in the top right corner, click the ‘Reload Sections’ button.
- Once you see the icons in the sections area, you can click it and drag it onto any page you like.
There are a number of options available to you within the section options panel (click the pencil icon when hovering over the section). When you open the section options panel, you will see one or two columns of options.
Here are the details on all the options:
Upload a logo or image to display.
For SEO, you can define the alt-text of your logo here. Your company or site name is a good idea.
Pick the menu you want to use from the drop down list. If you haven’t created any menus, select default.
If you have any questions about this section, please visit the PageLines Forum and ask questions there.